Package published on March 19, 2022 by Andrew Scheps
A Template Script that allows you to Commit or Freeze selected tracks up to the selected Insert.
This script will help you to batch Commit or Freeze tracks up to a specified Insert.
It is smart enough when processing individual tracks that if there is no insert in the slot you chosen in your preset it will look at earlier slots until it finds an insert and Commit/Freeze up to there. Note: If you want a preset that will always commit or freeze all inserts choose the "All Inserts" setting for Insert Choice.
New in V1.1.4 is the option to process tracks Individually or as a group. Unfortunately, this only works in Commit due to a Pro Tools anomaly (for now) but will make Comitting multiple tracks much faster. The only limitation is that when processing as a group the script does not look for earlier inserts if the specified one is unassigned, you will be displayed an error message instead explaining that you need an insert in the specified slot on the first selected track. Other selected tracks are fine to have an empty slot.
New in v1.1.5 is the choice to Commit or Freeze all inserts. This essentially Commits or Freezes teh track, and doesn;t have any requirements for insert instantiation
Notes on Template Properties:
- Commit or Freeze - Selects whether the Preset will perform the Commit or Freeze process
- Insert Choice - Selects which insert the Preset will Commit or Freeze up to. If there is no insert at the specified slot it will look to the left to see if there is an eariler slot to commit/freeze up to.
- Process Audio Tracks - Set whether the Preset will attempt to Commit/Freeze selected Audio Tracks
- Process Instrument Tracks - Set whether the Preset will attempt to Commit/Freeze selected Instrument Tracks
- Process Aux Inputs - Set whether the Preset will attempt to Commit/Freeze selected Aux Inputs
- Commit Routing Folders - Set whether the Preset will attempt to Commit selected Routing Folders - NOTE: Routing Folders will always be skipped in Freeze mode
- Skip Empty Audio Tracks - This will make the Preset skip any selected Audio Tracks that have no audio on the timeline - NOTE: Empty Audio Tracks will always be skipped in Freeze mode
- Skip Inactive Tracks - This will make the Preset skip any selected Inactive Tracks
- Commit Target - Select Tracks or Edit Selection for the Commit (v1.1.4)
- Commit Action - If Committing, selects what action will be taken on the original tracks (added in 1.1.2)
- The next 7 parameters allow you select how you would like the Commit Tracks dialog set up
NEW in version 1.1.4!
- Template properties to set options in the Commit Dialog
- Ability to Commit multiple tracks in one pass!! Much faster, but comes with a couple caveats:
- If you process multiple tracks Indivdually, the script will look to earlier insert slots if the slot selected in the preset is empty on a tracxk by track basis (see above)
- If you are processing multiple tracks as a group, the insert slot on the first selected track MUST have an insert instantiated. You wil get an error message explaining this if you don't.