Package published on May 1, 2021 by Ivan Che
These are some custom tools I came up for my editing needs including:
- if Ctrl is pressed Backups selected clips on user-definrd backup tracks (to change Backup track name adjust second line of the script)
- Sets 'individual files' + 'clip by clip' + 5 sec handles in AutoAlign AS window (to change handle length adjust third line of the script) (Assuming you have AS window open)
- Goes through selected tracks in pairs, rendering clips on the second of each pair to the first one (track 2 aligned to track 1, track 4 aligned to track 3 etc.)
- if Ctrl is pressed Backups selected clips on user-definrd backup tracks
- Gets scene from clip info
- Activates soundminer (assuming you have your production sound database scanned)
- Searches for files with matching scene
Same Scene All Shots: shows all shots from the scene
Same Shot All Takes: Only shows alternative takes of the same shot
Send To RX
Sends selected audio to RX (assuming Connect window is open) with these parameters:
- create continuous file
- entire selection
- zero handles
Originally tested with izotope RX 8 & 7, but will probably work with other versions too.
If control is pressed, backs up selection first. To change base name of backup tracks, modify 2nd line of the script.
RX: Learn + Render
Learns and then renders user defined module. For different modules, simply create new presets.
- Learns the selection
- Selects All
If control is pressed, simply opens the module window.
Same as above but for modules that don't have Learn.
RX: Send Back
Sends back to Pro Tools and hits Render in Connect window (assuming it is open)
RX: Send Back Round Trip
- Sends back to Pro Tools and hits Render in Connect window (assuming it is open)
- Backs up rendered clips on tracks with name, provided in the 2nd line of the script
- Sends clips back to RX for further processing
Trim by Selection
Like Pro Tools' original Trim by Selection but with 4 frame fades on each side
Trim by Picture Cut track
Trims selected tracks by currently active shot referring to =PC= track
With 4 frame fades on each side
Doesn't need a selection, just place the cursor inside target shot
Cuts clips on selected track(s) in checkerboard order between the initial track(s) and user defined track(s).
References picture cut track.
With 4 frame fades on each side (assuming nudge value is 1 frame)
Write Insert Bypass
- Turns on preview
- Un-bypasses a specified insert on all selected tracks (if it was not bypassed in the first place, bypasses and un-bypasses it back, so it gets captured by preview)
- If selection exists, writes it to the length of selection (optional)
- Opens the plugin window (optional)
VCA Create / Delete
If multiple tracks are selected:
- Groups selected tracks (mix group, not following globals, all attributes off)
- Creates a VCA for that group
- Sets the VCA to touch mode
If a single VCA track is selected:
- Coalesces VCA automation (if any)
- Deletes the VCA
- Deletes its corresponding group
Writes specified Pan position for the duration of a selection or at cursor position using Glide
Works with mono tracks
Clear All But Selection:
NOT the equivalent of Trim by selection!
Deletes everything on selected tracks:
- from SESSION START to Selection start
- and from Selection end to SESSION END.
Useful for export session, when you need to keep only the selected part of your session