Package published on August 11, 2019 by Christian Munk Scheuer
Pro Tools Clip Panning
These scripts make it possible to set the pan of a stereo clip with just one click.
How to use
- Select a stereo clip that you want to pan
- Run the script
- Pan must be enabled in the Automation Window.
- The selected track must be a stereo track
- The selected track must be in a writable automation mode (not off or read)
- Pan Linking must be enabled
How it works
How the scripts work - these are the automated steps
- Enable Preview mode
- Open the Track Output window for the selected track
- Reset the Pan
- Increase Pan in 5% steps until the desired Pan width is reached.
- Click Write Automation to Selection, thus writing the changed Pan (since that's the only parameter that was touched) to the clip
- Exit Preview mode.
Room for improvement
These scripts could be optimized to have fewer requirements.