Package published on April 23, 2022 by Chris Shaw
(See below for required initial setup)
- Copy plug-in, send, insert, output , group, and track color assignments along with their automation settings to a a temporary preset which is then used to paste to one or mutliple tracks.
- Once track data is copied you can paste it to other tracks or just paste the plugins or sends.
- Clear just plug-ins or sends from selected tracks
- Since these scripts store track data using Pro Tools track presets, once a track's data has been copied it can be used repeatedly throughout your current session or any other session.
- Convert two adjacent mono tracks to a stereo track. Inserts from the first track will be copied to the new stereo track. A dialog will ask if you would like to hide and make the original tracks inactive. (Useful when working with split stereo tracks)
- Take the any channel of a stereo track and convert it to a mono track. (This is useful when a stereo track is really mono as a result of a careless export forom a different DAW)
- Move tracks: select track you'd like to move (including hidden and inactive tracks), run the script. You will be asked to select a track below which your tracks will be moved and the script will do the rest.
- Updates : (Whenever I publish an update the newest scripts will be labeled with asterixes.)
- new (1/19/22) Restore Mutes From Last Backup: If you hold shift when triggering this script it will restore mutes from the penultimate (2nd to last) backup. This is for the outside chance that PT saved a backup after you accidentally option-clicked a mute. So if the script doesn't restore mutes as expected try holding shift while triggering this script.
- new (7/24/20) Cycle Plugins: While an active plugin window is open, this script will step to the next active plugin window each time it is triggered. It will skip empty insert slots and any inactive plugins.
- 7/25/20 - added a surface that mimics the Stream Deck included with this package
- 7/27/20 Added Restore Mutes From Last Backup script - We've all done it: Accidentally opt-clicked a track instead of shift-opt clicked and muted ALL of the tracks in a session. This will restore the mute states from the latest backup in the Sessions Files Backup folder.
- 8/29/20 Copy track data and the associated paste scripts now copy and paste hardware inserts
- 10/6/21 All Track Data Utility scripts (except Move Tracks and Dual Mono to Stereo) work "natively" in the mix window without switching to the edit window! However, if the Edit window has been closed, the scripts will briefly open and switch to the edit window and then close it again once a sxcript completes.
- 10/6/21 You no longer need to run a setup script when you first use this package. TDU will detect if the required track presets are present and will create them if needed.
- These scripts and deck leverage the power of Pro Tools track presets
- When any one of the Copy/Paste/Clear scripts are first run, Track Data Utilities will ask for permission to create a Track Presets folder called "SoundFlow" and three Track Presets within it: No Inserts, No Sends, and SF Temp Track Preset. While this script runs it will create a mono audio track in your session which will be deleted once the script is finished. These presets are required in order for these functions to work. This creation script will only run if any of the necessary track presets are missing
If there are issues with creating the Track Data Utiliteis / SoundFlow presetss then you can install them manually
- If it exists, delete the SoundFlow folder from Track Presets in the workspace (right click it and select delete).
- Download the SoundFlow track presets folder from the link below
- unzip the download and place the SoundFlow folder as described below::
- go to: ~/Documents/Pro Tools/Track Presets
- Copy / drag the SoundFlow folder there.
(NOTE: it is no longer necessary to run the "1) Create SoundFlow Track Presets" script described in the video - see above)
If for some reason the Copy / Paste / Clear data scripts aren't behaving as expected, go to ~/Documents/Pro Tools/Track Presets/SoundsFlow and delete the folowing files: SF Temp Preset, No Inserts, and No Sends track presets. This will force TDU to recreate them.
If you are still experiencing difficulties then file a bug report from the SoundFlow menu icon. Please include "Track Data Utilities" in the report title and tag me (@Chris_Shaw) as well.
You can also go to the forum of this package by clicking the Package Foprum button above or by scrolling to the bottom of the SF Forum page on the SF website and contacting me there.