Package published on November 30, 2020 by luftrausch
Give ProTools all the Power your Computer has!
Please open your ProTools Session FIRST before "ReNiceing"
This Soundflow command determinates the [pid] of ProTools and runs the [renice] command with the help of Terminal.
- After ProTools quits, "renice" parameter is automatically set to MacOS default value, like it was before "ReNiceing"
- ReNice has to be done every time you want/need it. Its not permanent!
- Two seperate commands, one for Mojave and one for Catalina
What is "renice"?
The renice command can change the priority of an already running process.
A "renice -20" means: Give all resources available to that particular process (in our case ProTools), no matter what.
In order to renice ProTools you need to know the process id [pid] of ProTools. The pid itself changes from launch to launch.
After ProTools is launched, this SoundFlow command determinates the current pid of ProTools and performs the renice command within Terminal.
What is "Caffenating"?
The real command is called "caffeinate" and tells MacOS not to sleep no matter what and as long as caffeinate is running
Like it analoge?
- launch ProTools first
- wait till ProTools ist ready to open your sessions
- launch Terminal
- type in command line: pgrep -nx "Pro Tools" | pbcopy and press [enter]
- type in command line: sudo renice -20 and append the [pid] with Paste
- it should look like this: sudo renice -20 12345
- Now you need to confirm the renice command with your Admin Password, followed by [enter]