Package published on May 1, 2021 by Oliver Momm
Pro Tools Automation Pack #2 - Create Tracks
2nd volume of a collection of commands I accumulated over the years in order to automate several things in Pro Tools. Detailed descriptions (where needed) can be found in the command descriptions.
A set of commands that create different kinds of tracks. Each command comes in tick and sample based variations.
- Create Track - Audio - Mono
- Create Track - Audio - Stereo
- Create Track - Aux - Mono
- Create Track - Aux - Stereo
- Create Track - Instrument - Mono
- Create Track - Instrument - Stereo
- Create Track - Master - Mono
- Create Track - Master - Stereo
- Create Track - MIDI
- Create Track - VCA
- Create Track - Video
The next command saves a Track. It was originally developed long before the official Track Preset feature existed in Pro Tools and is especially useful for Pro Tools versions prior to 2018. It creates a Track Preset from a selection of one or more tracks and saves it in the directory ~/Documents/Pro Tools/Track Presets. If the folder "Track Presets" doesn't exist, which may be the case if you never saved a Track Preset before, it gets created automatically.
- Create Track Preset